I want to spread the word about my games - I want people to play and enjoy them. I'd love to make loads of money out of them but at the moment that's unlikely, so just getting people to download the demo version is good enough.
I also like feedback. Most of the feedback I've had for my games has been from other game developers so getting the opinions of gamers - my actual audience - would be great.
Combining these two things, the desire to get people playing my games, and the quest for usable feedback, I have decided to start the 'Free Video Games for Bloggers' intiative.
Free Video Games for Bloggers
The idea is that people download a game from Binary Sun, and post a review on their blog. As a thank you I will give the reviewer a full version of the game they post about. I don't mind whether the review is positive or negative, as long as it's either constructive.
I don't want to place restrictions on what you say but feel there should be some rules for acceptance.
- The review should be constructive - I can only improve the games if I know what's wrong with them
- The review should contain a link to the game you are reviewing on Binary Sun - hey, others may want to play it as well
- The review should be linked to in the comments for this post - I will send the free game to the email address supplied
PC or Mac?
I'm a pc developer so unfortunately none of the games I have developed are available on Macs. The good news is that I didn't make all the games on Binary Sun.Dr Germ wasn't made by me and has a Mac version available so there is something there for you Mac users to play with. Sorry the selection isn't larger, I hope to improve things in the future.
I intend to run this promotion
for 31 days - from the 1st until the 31st of March indefinately. It'll be interesting to see if anyone reviews anything
I'm of two minds about the next restriction, I don't want to limit things too much, but would like to make some money out of this - so you can only get a maximum of two games for free (review as many as you like though ).
The games that are for up grabs are...
- Bubble Blitz- Match the coloured bubbles against the clock in this family friendly puzzle game.
- Bubble Bomb - Match the colours to pop the bubbles in this fast paced puzzle game
- Super Gerball - Gerry the Gerbil loves playing in his ball - he would play all day long if he could. Unfortunately though, the house in which Gerry lives is not safe - if he is not careful, he will fall and hurt himself.
- Dr Germ - Dr.Germ is looking for a new assistant! Are you up to the task? Comes in both PC and Mac flavors.
- Seths Puzzle Boxes - Help Selena rescue her parents by competing against the evil robot 'Seth' - in this fiendish brain bending puzzle game.
- Rocket Boards - Can you master the Rocket Board? Find out in this fast paced cartoon racing game. Inspired by Nintendo classics like Super Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing; Rocket Boards brings the cartoon racing formula to the pc.