YouTube: Best of 2011
YouTube is awesome – I recently read a statistic that said that the average YouTube user is watching over 300 YouTube videos a month.
Part of this must be because of the proliferation of devices that you can watch YouTube on. The recent XBox 360 update (that I mentioned the other day) has a YouTube app that let’s you watch YouTube in the comfort of your own living room. It makes a big difference watching the videos on a big widescreen tv!
Anyway – it got me thinking – and so I did a bit of research and created an infographic (my first infographic!) with various stats about YouTube for the past year.
If you think they’re as amazing as I do then why don’t you tweet one of the stats below:
- Did you know that 8 Years worth of video is uploaded to YouTube every day?
- Over 3 billion videos are watched every day on Youtube. How many do you watch?
- YouTube is getting over 148 million visitors a month – that’s more than the population of Russia!
Obviously I can’t link to videos in the image, so for those who are interested, below are the links to the top 10 videos watched in the UK for 2011.
- Ultimate Dog Tease
- The T-Mobile Royal Wedding
- Songify This – Winning
- Nyan Cat [original]
- Michael Collings audition
- Masterchef Synesthesia
- Diary of a bad man 5
- Rebecca Black Friday (Brock’s Dub) (Watch out – strong language)
- Talking Twin Babies
Clearly YouTube is a force to be reckoned with. As a video site there’s no competition, and as a place to waste time it’s right up there.
I assume everyone who reads my blog has watched videos on YouTube – so how do you do it? Have you tried the XBox? Maybe on your smartphone? Let me know in the comments.