Ben is a lifelong Nintendo fan who likes to build websites, and make video games. He buys way too much Lego.
- While little has been done to improve installation, upgrades, and WordPress Plugin updates, those are a priority for the WordPress development team.
Excellent. I’d love some sort of built in upgrade system. Upgrading WordPress is generally quite easy but having 3 sites that use it means that the updates take longer and longer.
- A new cache proxy called WPCP is coming which will speed up caching. Benchmark tests so far are amazing and will definitely speed up your WordPress blog.
Anything that speeds up wordpress and reduces server load is good in my opinion.
- The ability for handling storage will be improving, especially for storing images, videos, and other multi-media on-site and off-site.
Good to hear. I have started using the upload feature of WordPress quite a bit so more facilities for managing the files would be great.
- Tags will be out in the September release of WordPress 2.3. It will function fairly similarly to the popular Ultimate Tag Warrior Plugin.
No tags on Binary Moon but Binary Joy uses Ultimate Tag Warrior extensively. I will be interested to see how they handle the change over. I suspect Binary Joy will hang behind Binary Moon when it comes to upgrading simply so that I can make sure everything will continue to work ok.
- A new WordPress Administration Panel will be coming in the WordPress 2.4 release around the end of the year. It is designed to put what users use the most in the fore and improve comments and posting for efficiency. It shouldnâ€™t be a drastic update, but will increase efficiency and access.
About time. The shuttle project that was started a good few years ago was looking great and it was a shame it was never completed. I hope the update includes visual changes to stop the package looking so amateurish. I appreciate the simplicity but the designer in me cringes when I see the inside of the site.
You can read the full list on here site.