More information →
TimThumb.php was a simple, flexible, PHP script that resizes images. You give it a bunch of parameters, and it spits out a thumbnail image that you can display on your site.
TimThumb saw a massive amount of use across the WordPress world, and a few months after we released it, I took over development from Tim, a friend of Darren Hoyts, who created the original script. Since I took over there have been a whole host of changes, bug fixes, and additions.
I set up this page to act as an archive/ resource, showing the best documentation and demos available for TimThumb. If you have any TimThumb related articles then please feel free to send them over to me so that I can add them to the list.
Articles about TimThumb
How to use TimThumb
- Timthumb 101: Parameters listing
- Getting Started with TimThumb
- Resizing External Images
- Image Filters and Editing
- Changing the Image Cropping Location
- Image Scaling
- TimThumb Hints and Tips
General TimThumb Information
Below are some of the articles I have written about TimThumb.
- A brief history of TimThumb
- How to use TimThumb with WordPress MultiSite
- How to use TimThumb With a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Troubleshooting common TimThumb Problems
- How to Contribute to TimThumb
- Simple WordPress Post Thumbnails with Regular Expressions