Ben is a lifelong Nintendo fan who likes to build websites, and make video games. He buys way too much Lego.
As a premium theme seller my target audience is implementors, people who buy themes for clients and then customize them. But how do people get to be implementors to start with? This is something I wanted to tackle – helping regular WordPress users become WordPress Masters.
So – I partnered with Alex Denning to create a new free course called MasterWP.
Alex and I have a combined total of 18 years working with WordPress, Alex as a power user and tinkerer, and myself as a user and developer – so we felt our combined knowledge could be shared with others.
The course is a 7 part email course, with 1 part being published each day for 7 days. We’ve spent the best part of a month writing the content for these 7 days – and we hope that there’s a few things in their that even the most experienced WordPress user can learn from.
The lessons are:
- Lesson 1: How to choose the perfect WordPress theme
- Lesson 2: Get the most from theme support
- Lesson 3: Theme customization basics (+ helpful plugins)
- Lesson 4: Make your site load really quickly
- Lesson 5: Using CDNs for extra speed
- Lesson 6: Integrating email marketing with WordPress
- Lesson 7: Keeping your WordPress site secure
I think this course will be a great primer for anyone who has purchased a theme, or downloaded a free theme, and now wants to take it to the next level and Master WordPress.
If this course is successful then we’d like to build a longer more advanced course – so if you have any thoughts on what you’d like to see in something like that please do let me know in the comments.