Ben is a lifelong Nintendo fan who likes to build websites, and make video games. He buys way too much Lego.
Nearly a whole month and no posts… What is the world coming too?
I don’t know why but ever since Christmas I have been feeling motivated to do all sorts of things – unfortunately blogging isn’t one of them.
Last year was a busy one for me, both at home and at work, and if I can do half the things I have planned this year, then it’ll be even busier still.
Recently I’ve been feeling very creative; I’ve been playing a lot more video games, and developing more cool things than normal and I’m loving it.
I currently have 4 WordPress themes on the go. That sounds like a lot, and I guess it is, but let me explain.
- Theme 1 is a “sequel” to Regulus. It will be a free theme with optional paid extras (the theme itself will be entirely free). I actually started making it 6 months ago and since then child themes have really taken off so the theme was put on the shelf and I will be tweaking it to use the new child theme tech.
- Theme 2 is a sequel to Mimbo Pro, my second collaboration with Darren Hoyt. This theme will feature a very similar style but is being designed with customisation in mind – this means the code will be simplified greatly and things will be made much more flexible.
- Theme 3 is my own premium theme – this is the most complex theme I’ve ever made and will lay the foundation for future themes.
- Theme 4 will be a totally free life blogging theme. It rocks already… and it’s not yet finished.
- … And a bonus theme – I am currently working on mockups for this site… but more on that some other time.
On top of the web design I have also been playing a lot of games recently and will be posting full reviews on Binary Joy over the coming months. Some of the games I’ve been enjoying are…
- Prince of Persia
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village
- Mirrors Edge
- Crayon Physics
- Disaster: Day of Crisis
- Trackmania DS
- Boom Blox
- Warioware: Smooth Moves
- Wii Play
I’m not sure where my new found gaming motivation has come from but I think it helps that my girlfriend has been playing a lot of those games with me.
It feels good to be excited about these things again. I have lots planned for 2009; it’s going to be a busy year – but I’m looking forward to it… maybe I’ll even manage to blog a bit more regularly.
If for some reason you want to keep up to date with me a bit more then you can follow me on Twitter.