Now that the WPVote site is almost complete I need to prepare it for release.
Since I have developed online all I really need to do is redirect the DNS from the current site to my own servers. However there are a couple of things I should take care of.
- The sites old content needs to be copied over to my installed version
- Set up a new development area so that I can continue developing without affecting the live site.
- Test, test, test
Additionally, if I want WPVote to succeed then I need to publicise it. unfortunately marketing is my weak point so I need a plan.
- WPVote Twitter account
- Promote via my Twitter, and the official Twitter accounts
- Facebook fan page
- Create widgets for people to put on their sites
- Buy Ads
- Promote on my own sites and get friends to promote on theirs
Hopefully this will help prevent the site from dieing a death before it has even started. Most of these things are now set, so I just need to tidy up for release… on February 1st.