Ben is a lifelong Nintendo fan who likes to build websites, and make video games. He buys way too much Lego.
It seems like forever ago now but I have just realised I haven’t yet announced Nominate here on Binary Moon.
Anyway, at the start of July, I released a new theme called Nominate. This is the public version of the theme that is based upon my website WPVote.com.
The theme runs the exact same code that powers WPVote.com. The different design for WPVote.com is applied using a plugin, so everything you can do with WPVote.com is now possible on your own website.
A few of the reasons you should try Nominate yourself include:
- It makes use of, WordPress, the cms and blogging engine you know and love
- It has built in spam and moderation controls, even using Akismet if you have it installed.
- It’s being used on a real site, so any updates that happen on WPVote.com will be added to Nominate
- Nominate includes 4 colour schemes, and will no doubt receive more colours in the future
- It’s built as an Elemental child theme so has all of Elementals functionality, awesome SEO, custom templates etc
Some reviews of the WPVote theme:
- Nominate Theme by Pro Theme Design – this one hit the front page of WPVote
- Create A Digg Like Social Voting Site with Nominate WordPress Theme
- Nominate Social Voting WordPress Theme
Anyway – check out the details for Nominate over on Pro Theme Design – maybe you’ll find something you’re interested in 🙂