Ben is a lifelong Nintendo fan who likes to build websites, and make video games. He buys way too much Lego.
I have been passed a book baton by Phu Ly from IfElse, who is one of the few people who comment here (thanks Phu 🙂 ). I suspect he saw me complaining that no-one passed me the musical baton that did the rounds not too long ago and took pity on me.
I read a fair amount of books getting through three or four a month, but most of them are action adventure/ fantasy affairs. Nothing too heavy, and simple enough that I can read them on the train. Notice there are no tech books mentioned anywhere. I rarely read them since everything I need is online.
Number of books on the shelf
My book shelf is an entire stand, it’s not big but it’s rammed full and the shelves are groaning under the weight. I’ve even had to stack the books two deep because I have so many. There’s 40 books on the top shelf and there are 5 shelves, add the books I have spread around my room that don’t fit on a shelf and I must have over 300 at the moment – and yes, I’ve read pretty much all of them.
Last book purchased
Book reading right now
Iceberg by Clive Cussler.
Last 5 books read
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by JK Rowling
- The High Lord: The Black Magician Trilogy Book Three by Trudi Canavan
- The Magicians’ Guild: The Black Magician Trilogy Book Two by Trudi Canavan
- Golden Buddha by Clive Cussler, and Craig Dirgo
- The Amber Spy Glass by Philip Pullman
Books that mean a lot to me
Not sure what to say here. I don’t really have any books that mean anything to me in a personal way. I do have a rather large collection of ‘Art of [insert film name here]’ type books. Being very into films, video games, and art in general these books fascinate me.
Passing this along to…
Gah – I don’t really know anyone with a blog. The people I would have passed it too have already completed their own versions/ been invited too so I’m just going to go through my list of feeds and pick out people who I think might be interested. If anyone wants to join in leave a comment and I’ll add you straight away…
- Michael Heilemann – Since I stole a meme from him before I think it’s only fair to offer a replacement
Benjamin Adam – we share first names, he has to be cool
- Kevin Leitch – a fellow Brit, lovely site, excellent content
- Dave Child – another Brit, we’re great aren’t we?
- Illya Lapko
- Your Name Here?
Update: Benjamin Adam has turned me down already – not to worry I’m a big boy, I can handle it.