Draw Something’s developer, OMGPop, was recently purchased by Zynga for $crazy money. It’s a phenomenon that I don’t quite understand but have been dragged in to.
Essentially it’s a drawing game, with no objective. Take it in turns to draw pictures and guess what they are. I don’t understand why I keep playing, but I do!
Draw Something Hints and Tips
Below are a few things I do to try and make my drawings a bit clearer. Maybe they will help :).
- Don’t use the smallest brush unless absolutely neccessary. It can get messy real quick.
- Try to draw shapes rather than outlines.
- Use the colours to block in the form of the object and then add details on top
- Use background colours. They can set the scene much more quickly than the default white.
- Buy a stylus. I got a really cheap one and it’s made things a lot easier.
- Use arrows to point out the word you are guessing (although I am trying to do this as little as possible)
- Remember the person you are drawing for may not be from your country so may not know what certain things are.
Do you have any tips to add?
Some of my Drawings
Because I like to draw anyway – I have been saving my images as I draw them (on an iPhone/ iPod Touch if you press both the top and front buttons you will save a screenshot to your photo album). I’ve cherry picked some of the best and included them in a gallery below… just for fun! 🙂
Ben is a lifelong Nintendo fan who also likes to build websites, and develop games. He also buys way too much Lego.